This is where I will post the 50 NEW to me Movies I watch this year along with a rating (based on my opinion) between 1 and 5 stars. 🙂
1. “The Watch”-watched January 2nd-5 stars! Very funny! Great fun watching with my hubby!
2.”The Incredible Shrinking Man”-5 stars! (This is an old B&W movie that I found really good considering how old it was! This film was remade in later years as “The Incredible Shrinking Woman” with Lily Tomlin, which I have seen before and also liked
3. “The Littlest Rebel”-5 stars! A Shirley Temple movie from 1935 🙂
4. “Captain January”-also 5 stars AND said to be the best Shirley Temple movie of all time. I’m not sure I agree with that deduction but it was still really good! Interesting tidbit: A scene of this movie with Shirley Temple dancing and singing in a hula skirt was taken out due to outrage from Moms who said it was too risque even though a year earlier, when Shirley was 7 years old, she had danced in a hula skirt in another film!
5.”Scary or Die”-This was a “B” Movie I watched on the Chiller Channel…I have found that SOME of the movies on here have been good, but most of them I haven’t really cared for. I’m giving this movie 3 stars……This was basically 5 stories or tales in one….The first one was pretty good, the second and third one sucked, in my opinion, the fourth one was redeemable and the fifth one, which was probably about 5 minutes, was excellent LOL So since 3 out of 5 were worth watching, that’s why I gave it a 3! 🙂
6. “House Hunting”- Another movie on “Chiller” I watched! I’m giving it 3 stars cause it kept my attention BUT not interesting enough to want to watch again!
7.”Magic Mike”- I’ve been wanting to see this movie and if I was rating on just the hot guys and dancing alone, I would give it a 5…but the parts in between where the story took place was really boring to me…..I was playing on my Kindle during those parts…so yea, I’m giving it a 3 based on THAT but I WOULD watch it again and just forward to the “good” parts 😉
8.”Breaking Dawn, Part 1″-First of all, I’ve never watched any of these in theaters…I have waited and watched them all on TV or video. We had a movie channel preview this past weekend so I recorded this to watch. For the most part, I have not been a big fan of these movies but I LOVE the books and read them before the movie franchise started so I AM curious to see how much the movies stick with the book…..the books are STILL better to me BUT this one WAS better than the last 3, so….I gave it 4 stars!
9.”Joyful Noise”-4 out of 5 stars…I wanted to give it 5, I really did….but for some reason, I just can’t give it a perfect score 😦 It was really good, though!
10.”Green Lantern”-5 stars! Maybe Ryan Reynolds brainwashed me into giving this a 5….but it DOES have a really good moral and I love that!
11.”Tasmanian Devils”-5 stars! This was a made for TV movie on Syfy and it kept my attention.. I love my cheesy Syfy movies! 🙂
12. “Dog Soldiers”-5 stars! This is a Scary movie I’ve been wanting to watch for years and it didn’t disappoint!
13.”The Sadist”-5 stars! Old movie on Turner Classic…if it was from today, I would not give it a 5 cause it was obviously not up to the standards of films today…but for how old it was, I thought it was very suspenseful and well made 🙂
14.”The Stowaway”-3 stars…another old Shirley Temple movie…Normally, I give all of her movies 5 stars, but I just couldn’t get into this one as much. Definitely NOT my fav. of hers!
15.”House of Seven Corpses”-2 stars…old Horror Movie I watched on TCM…YES, I like old movies…..all I can say about this one is it was LAME….I’m being nice giving it a 2 but I watched the whole thing so I figured since I made it through it, it at least deserved a 2
16.”Pitch Perfect”-5 stars! And I want to own this on DVD now! I LOVED this movie so much! And so did my husband!
17. “The Possession”-5 stars…I LOVE Horror Movies and I appreciate a good one that keeps me glued to the screen. Since this one DID, I can’t give it anything less than 5 stars. Anyone who watches this on DVD should watch the 12 minute special on there called, “The Real History of the Dibbuk Box”….THAT freaked me out more than the movie!
18.”Heebie Jeebies”-Syfy Movie…I will give it 3.5 out of 5 stars just because I love movies where the Bad Guy gets his!
19.’Cocoon”-This is an old 80’s film by Ron Howard that was Oscar Award Winning and I can see why! 5 stars!
20.”Paper Heart”-A documentary about a comedian girl who doesn’t believe in love and goes around asking others what love means to them and along the way, it seems she comes close to proving herself wrong….5 stars cause I thought it was cute. 🙂
21.”Total Recall”-Not the original, this was the remake and I WOULD give it a 5 but I thought the original was better, so I give this a 4.5!
22.”The Collector”-Liked it until the last few minutes which pissed me off! I give this a 4
23.”House at the End of the Street”-I give this a 4 out of 5. I would have given it a 5 if I had expected a simple suspenseful movie with very true possibility of being REAL, which it was. I was under the impression this was meant to be a Horror Movie and I don’t think it truly fit that genre which is why I give it a 4. I DO recommend it if you like suspenseful movies though because the twist at the end(which also reveals what’s REALLY going on) was really surprising.
24.”Dark Skies”-I watched this in the movies with my hubby for our Date Day and I give it 5 stars! I don’t know what it is about Alien movies but this was really creepy to me and had me glued to the screen up until the ending.
25.”Restless Virgins”-I debated putting a Lifetime Movie on this list BUT I thought this one was really good. The premise is these lacrosse players at a well to do high school that make a sex tape and get caught by someone who means well but doesn’t exactly go about exposing it in the best means possible. The leader guy tries to talk his way out of getting into trouble using money and prestige and well..without giving it away, I really enjoyed seeing things work out. 5 stars
26.’Flying Monkeys”-a Syfy Cheesy movie but for some reason, it kept me interested so 5 stars to this one too! 🙂
27.”Hotel Transylvania”- 5 stars! Cute and funny! I loved it!
28.”Resident Evil: Retribution”-5 stars! I love these movies! Women that kick butt rule!
29.”Seven Psychopaths”-5 stars 🙂
30. “A Mother’s Rage”-another Lifetime movie but well worth the watch…definitely makes you think about people you see as you drive by in a different light, that’s for sure! 5 stars!
31.”Battledogs”-Syfy movie about (were)wolves and political lies, in a sense. Definitely grabbed my attention! It give this a 4 out of 5 🙂
32.”Body Double”-1984 movie with Melanie Griffith that reminded me of “Rear Window” and ‘Disturbia” but nowhere near as good and pretty naughty….I give it 3 stars, which is being really generous!
33.”Cars 2″-I loved the first one and this one was cute too, had a good lesson and I enjoyed it BUT it wasn’t as good as the first one so I give this one 4 stars
34.”John Carter”-This movie just seemed interesting and we had a free weekend of Starz and Encore so I decided to record it and watch. It was pretty good, although not as great as I was hoping, 4 stars!
35.”Sinister”-This movie really creeped me out and my husband thought it was pretty creepy as well, 5 stars!
36.”Ice Age: Continental Drift”-I love this series of movies, they are always so funny and great family movies. Just like all the past ones I have seen, I give this one 5 stars!
37.”Taken 2″-5 stars
38.”Wrong Turn 5: Bloody Beginnings”-3 stars (Yes, I love cheesy horror flicks!
39.”Lovestruck:The Musical”-5 stars (This was an ABC Family movie and yea, I love watching these types of movies sometimes. I thought this was pretty cute!)
40.”Dirty Teacher”-Lifetime movie about a teacher seducing her male student who has a gf who finds out…and yea…I thought it was good. 5 stars!
41.”A Sister’s Revenge”-Another Lifetime movie…Crazy woman targets a restauranteur and his family….NOT as good as the other Lifetime movie but still worth watching…4 stars!
42.”Hope Springs”-Watched this with the hubby and I thought it was a great movie that involves an older couple trying to restart their marriage. Both I and my husband thought it was sweet and cute, so 5 stars!
43.”Parental Guidance”-5 stars! Loved it!
44.”Silver Linings Playbook”-I had no idea what all this movie was about before watching it. I knew Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence were in it, I knew it had won some awards and I knew the little pieces that were shown during the awards show made me interested in it. Then I started watching and realized Bradley Cooper was playing a man who was Bipolar and both me AND my husband(who is Bipolar) himself were glued to the screen and fell in love with the movie. I found myself relating to the movie because Bradley Cooper did and said so many things that reminded me of my husband. He could relate cause he could understand the character. I absolutely LOVED this movie and was impressed by how well Bradley Cooper played someone who was Bipolar. I think there needs to be more movies like this who give a voice to what it’s really like, both in being Bipolar and having to live with someone who is. 5 big stars and the best movie I have watched this year!
45. “Deadly Spa”-another Lifetime movie that kept my attention…5 stars!
46. “Django Unchained”-5 stars all the way! This movie was amazing! It made me laugh and it had awesome fight scenes! Love it!
47. “Seeking a friend for the end of the world”-4 stars
48. “Snow White and the Huntsman” -5 stars
49. “Dream House”- 5 stars
50. Moonrise Kingdom”-4 stars
51. “Cecil B. Demented” -5 stars (Wildly inappropriate and crazy, but I loved it anyways)!
52. “The dangerous lives of altar boys” -4 stars
53. “Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted” – 5 stars
54. “Tiptoes” – 3 stars
55. “One Nation Under Dog: Stories of Fear, Loss, & Betrayal” – 5 stars (Very moving documentary)
56. “Mama” – 4 or 4.5 stars
57. “The Perfect Family” – 4 stars (LMN Movie)
58. “The Perfect Husband” -3 stars (LMN Movie)
59. “Oz, the great and powerful” -5 stars
60. “Identity Thief” – 5 stars
61. “Warm Bodies” -4 stars
62. “Movie 43” -Kind of torn on this….I don’t WANT to like it for its inappropriateness, but it made me laugh, so 5 stars 🙂
63. “A good day to die hard” – 4 stars…not as good as the other ones, I think 😦