This was the question asked today on WordPress’ Daily Prompt or Post, rather. I’ve actually referenced this question in many different ways throughout the years I’ve done my blog. It’s a frequent question people ask and in fact, that I ask myself. There are many reasons why I blog so…I’m going to make a little list. 🙂
1. Blogging is Therapeutic! It helps to alleviate stress, get it all out of my head and onto virtual paper. My blog is like a journal but visible to the public.
2. I love to blog because I love to write. It’s really that simple. I can’t imagine blogging as often as I do without having a genuine love for it. As much as reading is a fond hobby of mine, blogging has also become one.
3. The more I blog, the better I feel I get at it. Practice makes perfect, right? And though I don’t believe perfection truly exists, I do think that the more you do something, the better skilled you get at it.
4. I blog to feel connected. I have met some great people through blogging that I probably wouldn’t have otherwise met. It’s awesome to meet people that can relate to what you blog about or just loving to write, in general. Blogging has opened me up to new people, new outlooks and new experiences that are truly worth a million bucks!
5. Blogging, if done regularly, instills routine. As much as I love to write, there are days when I don’t feel like it. I’ve learned that I’m not alone in this feeling but I’ve also learned through making it in 2011 through posting daily, that not only does blogging regularly make you feel this great sense of accomplishment, but it also makes writing a well established habit. I have gotten to a point where if I do a post ahead of time so I don’t HAVE one to post that day, I feel like there’s something missing out of my day! This being my 2nd time around posting daily, it IS easier because blogging HAS become more of a habit for me but there’s always a piece of me that gets lazy at times.
And this is where I will leave off, although I’m sure I could go on and on about reasons why I blog. Are there any reasons why YOU blog that I might have missed? Do you agree with my reasons?