As always, you may answer these questions in your own post or in the comments section!
On to the questions!
1. How often should adults have birthday parties? For as long as they want to! I know some people think at a certain age, you should only have parties for the milestone birthdays, but I say, if you want to have a birthday party at 34 or 56, etc., have it! Who cares? 🙂
2. What was your room decorated like when you were a child? When I was 11 and under and living in Austin, there were always either friends of my brother or my sister and her kids living in my room so it was decorated like a grownup’s room for the most part and I stayed in my mom’s room and slept in her huge water bed with her. When I moved to Lufkin, I got my own room to myself that was upstairs and it was peach colored, but we painted it Lavender and I had lace curtains and girly decor…at one point, my walls were covered in Spice Girls, Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, N*sync, etc. LOL up until I graduated from high school
3. Do you have any traditions for Easter? If so, what? and do you have a why behind that? I go to church with my family and then we have lunch together and just spend time together..it’s what we’ve always done. When I was little, I would get an Easter Basket full of candy and a stuffed animal. Going to church has to do with the Christian background of Christ rising from the dead.
4. Do you get Good Friday off? If so, any plans? I wish I had a job where I could either have it off or even work, I don’t care! Since I don’t then, I’m home anyways and earlier, I took my mom to the grocery store and running errands.
5. Did you wear hats & white shoes to church on Easter? (Or was that just in the South?) OK…First of all, just cause you’re from the South doesn’t mean you wear hats to church. I can count on one hand the number of people I have seen wear hats at every church I have been to. White shoes, usually. When I was little, my mom would get me white dress shoes with the lacy socks and a pretty dress..she might have got a matching hat one year but I’m not sure..that was the 80’s so it’s possible. Since I’ve gotten older, I might wear white sandals, but it could also be another color that looks “spring”..this year I have silver sandals. I don’t know anyone wearing hats, although this might be more based on the type of church you go to, because I’ve seen a l0t of Pentecostals wearing hats and black women as well. Not to stereotype, just what I have honestly seen growing up in Texas. Hats are not a typical Southern thing…at least not that I have seen in the past decade or so.