Every year, a lot of people on Facebook put as their status a daily thing they are thankful for during the month of November. Last year, I did this on my blog daily and was planning on doing it on Facebook this year but kept forgetting. Now that I am so behind, I decided to play catch up and get ahead at the same time by just putting a whole list of 30 in one post! So here are 30 things that I am extremely thankful for. In no particular order…
1. I am thankful for my nieces/nephews/great nephews. They light up my life in so many ways and give me many reasons to be happy. I miss them so much when I don’t see them but I’d rather miss them than not have them to begin with!
2. I am thankful for parents that just celebrated 50 years together. This is such a great inspiration for me to put hard work into my marriage and keep it going AND inspiring for others as well.
3. I am thankful for my Freedom and the ones who fought so hard so I could have it. All military men who served or are currently serving have my utmost respect and admiration for what they do and deserve so much more than they receive!
4. I’m thankful for my Husband. He can make me so mad sometimes and drive me up the wall but my life would be so very lonely without him in it.
5. I’m thankful for my close friends that have stuck with me through the good and bad, the ups and downs and truly love me for who I am!
6. I’m thankful for the cooler weather, even when it’s temporary, cause Lord knows I need a break for the heat! 🙂
7. I’m thankful for WordPress and what is has done for me! Doing this blog has been such a great experience for me and has helped me a lot in so many ways. I have also met so many great people that I hope to have in my life for many years to come!
8. I’m thankful for Music and the powers it holds. Music can lift you up when you’re feeling down, help you relax, make you think and so much more! Music expresses at times what words fail to. My life would not be the same if it wasn’t for Music!
9. I’m thankful for being a Child at heart. People that are too serious all the time bother me! There are times for being serious and then there are times where you should just relax and have fun! Life is TOO short to live with a stick up your….well, you know! 😉
10. I’m thankful for Mio and drink mixes that are 0 in calories and carbs so I can drink water and not have to actually taste plain water! LOL
11. I’m thankful for all my family, even the crazy ones I don’t like to claim. 🙂
12. I’m thankful for the right to still be a Christian and the rights of everyone else to practice THEIR religion. For those who do practice a religion, it’s a very private and special thing and not everyone has a right to do so where they live, so I am thankful I live in a country where I still CAN.
13. I’m thankful that God died on the cross for my sins. Now I can feel secure in knowing no matter what happens, He is in control.
14. I am thankful for friends that believe differently than me. I have friends that mean the world to me but they do NOT practice the same religion as me and that’s fine. They have a right to practice as they wish and thankfully, the friends I have chosen respect me for mine as I respect them for theirs. I LOVE being able to still respectfully chat with others and learn without childish fights and hate. It’s because of you, dear friends, that I have that opportunity!
15. I’m thankful for my little apartment. It’s not a big house or anything but it protects me from bad weather and allows me a place to lay my head at night.
16. I’m thankful for having food to eat and water to drink. Even if I was unable to afford it myself, I have people in my family who would make sure me and my husband never had to go without food and that’s not something everyone can say.
17. I’m thankful for the talents I’ve been blessed with. I think everyone always wishes they had more talents or different ones at times but I love the ones I DO have and am very grateful for them.
18. I’m thankful for Social Media. I have met great people, including my husband through it. I have reconnected with people and been able to stay close to others as well. Even with all the annoying aspects that come along, it’s still such a great gift.
19. I’m thankful for my old car with its broken passenger seat and its torn up insides and that trunk that has to be tied down but still pops up and slams down at every bump I hit. At least it gets me to where I need to go! 🙂
20. I’m thankful for my little consultant job and the survey companies that allow me to make some extra money for the holidays!
21. I’m thankful for Thanksgiving day! It’s nice to have a day where we all sit and reminisce over the past year and what we have to be thankful for! And of course, time with family is always special!
22. I’m thankful that God has blessed my niece Lydia with a new bundle of joy to give birth to in May and I pray everyday for my little great niece or nephew to be born healthy and happy! 🙂
23. I’m thankful for my success in losing weight. It’s looking like I might make my goal a whole month early! 🙂
24. I’m thankful for my health. It’s definitely a lot better than it was last year at this time. I might still not be able to run and I might get tired after a lot of walking but overall, I’m in good health now and that’s an awesome thing!
25. I’m thankful for books! They are the ultimate escape from reality!
26. I’m thankful for my better outlook on life these past few months. People on my blog may not have been aware but last year, I stayed home practically ALL the time and didn’t have an interest in doing anything….even the things I used to love. Since I have switched doctors and started changing my life for the better by eating healthier and losing weight, my depression has gone down tremendously and I’m just so much happier. I’m enjoying life way more than I have in a long time and I am just SO incredibly thankful for that. Being depressed all the time is just SO tiring!
27. I’m thankful for being closer to 30! And yes, this is something I thought I would NEVER be thankful for, but I am! I am 29 and this is something great because there are millions of people that have never seen the age of 29…or 21, 18, 13,even 5. 😦 As much as aging can seem to be a downer, just remember that YOU have lived longer than some and you are BLESSED if you get to be what is considered OLD. 🙂
28. I’m thankful for the bad in life…..yea, this is a HARD one to be thankful for and I would be lying if I said that after something bad happens, I say, “I’m thankful that happened!” BUT I truly believe everything happens for a reason even if we may never understand that reason. MY life would not be what it was today and I would NOT be who I am if it wasn’t for everything I have gone through up until this point and that includes the bad. Sometimes you just have to have BAD in life to really appreciate the GOOD!
29. I’m thankful for all the little things in life. The person who goes out of their way to hold the door open for you, seeing a baby smile, finding that four leaf clover, hearing a niece say “I love you” when you are crying…….It’s the little things in life and the little details you take time to pay attention to that really make the world a better place.
30. Last, but not least, I’m thankful for all 5 of my senses. My older brother was born hearing but shortly after went deaf and I think that really taught me growing up how precious being able to hear really is. There are lots of things we take for granted in life and our 5 senses is one of them, I believe. Even if you have all 5 right now, you could lose one of them tomorrow. We never know what tomorrow may bring so we should always cherish what we have. This also goes for everything, cherish the people and things in your life, because you just never know.
This is the end of my list but by no means the end of what I am thankful for. The fact that I could come up with many more IS in itself something to be thankful of! I hope you enjoyed my list and that you also take the time to think of 30 things to be thankful of, whether you share them or not. We should all count our blessings daily! 🙂