As always, you may answer these questions in your own post or in the comments section!
On to the questions!
1. What’s the best Christmas present you’ve ever received? As cheesy as it may sound, the first thought that honestly popped in my head is the years that ALL my family was here…..this year, I am going to see all my siblings and all my nieces and nephews, even though one niece and her new hubby will be coming in a few days after Christmas. It really is a great present to me that all these people are going to be here in 8 days! I am overflowing with excitement! Presents are just secondary to getting to see my family 🙂
2. Worst/Funniest White Elephant gift ever received? It has been SO many years since I participated in a White Elephant gift that I honestly can’t remember even ONE gift I got from one of these….
3. Is your Christmas tree plain and simple (white lights and matching ornaments) or is it wild and crazy (colored lights with lots of ornaments collected over the years)? My tree is artificial with already pre-strung lights, but I have various ornaments…the problem is I have a lot of figurine type ones that are HEAVY and they weigh the branches down, so I can’t use all of them like I would like….My Nanny gave me a bunch of Teddy bear ornaments, little mouse ones and some snowman ones that are adorable, but like I said, heavy….she also gave me some lightweight hummingbirds with flower ones that I use, they are VERY colorful….and then I have a couple santa faces, partridges, doves, and turtle doves, bells, etc. random little ones…..My mom has hundreds of ornaments at her house but since she has been staying with my Nanny all the time, she won’t be putting up her tree….there are ornaments on my Mom’s tree that are handmade from me when I was a kid and little ones I consider mine…some Precious Moments one and others like that, but I have a smaller tree so I’ll probably wait to steal some of mine back from her…If I ever get around to it…
4. “How” do you iron your clothes? The old fashioned iron/ironing board way, the shower, back in the dryer, etc. I have never really ironed anything…I have an iron and ironing board and they don’t really get used…I don’t have a really good reason for not using it, not sure why….when I lived at home, I just put it back in the dryer
5. How much baking do you do for Christmas and what are your “must make” items? The only thing I have ever really made during the holidays was Macaroni & Cheese…and I made that on the stove, not baked…I’m not a big cooker and I am kind of afraid of the day when I might have to be in charge of holiday cooking….I know how to cook and I’m good at it, but it’s just not my thing…I don’t like to cook…I avoid it as much as possible…BUT I did make cookies yesterday! 🙂
“He couldn’t see why people made such a fuss about people eating their silly old fruit anyway, but life would be a lot less fun if they didn’t. And there was never an apple, in Adam’s opinion, that wasn’t worth the trouble you got into for eating it.” ~from Good Omens