TheRealSharon's Blog

{December 10, 2011}   Community Network Meme 2011!!!!!

2011 Meme Questions

1. As a blogger, what do you draw inspirations from for your posts? Anything and everything I possibly can! Sometimes things will stick in my head and I will think, “Ooooh, that would make a great blog post!”…others times I will have to really think hard and look around for ideas. Reading things online, talking to friends and family, books, magazines, etc. are just some of the things that end up inspiring my writing.
2. If you could swap blogs with another blogger for a post, who would you switch with and why? I would be kind of afraid to, actually….NOT because I don’t think anyone could do my blog justice, because I follow some great bloggers who are awesome. I would just be afraid whatever I wrote was not up to standard. I was recently asked to do a post for a fellow blogger and that alone makes me nervous….I want to do an even better job because it’s not only me I would be letting down if it’s below par…
3. If your blog had a theme song, what would it be? Why?
It would be something sort of like the Crazy Frog song…just chaotic and crazy!I think my blog is so much like being inside my mind and my mind is so crazy so that would fit! And it would be like a melody that gets stuck in your head cause I want my blog to be one that stays with you and you keep in your mind. πŸ™‚
4. What is your writing process for a post? I pretty much just start writing my post and take my time with it. I like to let my thoughts flow as naturally as possible. When I feel there’s an ending, I end it and proofread for errors and how it sounds. Change anything that needs fixing and then send it off to the world!
5. Your blog requires a cute, new, mascot – what would it be? Some kind of baby mascot…either baby human or baby animal…I can’t decide! πŸ™‚
6. Do you feel you express your “true self” on your blog? I express as much of my “true self” I feel comfortable expressing…..Because this is a public site where literally anyone can read it, there are topics that I choose not to delve too deeply into because I believe some topics deserve more privacy….although if I had a totally private secret blog, I would be fine exposing a little more…..but even then, there would be some limits. Everyone has some, right? I also try to not mention specific names if I am griping about someone or saying something people would rather not be exposed….
7. What is your biggest online pet-peeve? I’m a Facebook user and I love it, BUT I hate people that are always griping about blocking or deleting people for things they post. If you have an issue, delete or block the person. Privately message them if you need to deal with it WITH them. If you have such a big issue with someone over social media, maybe you need to rethink their friendship status in your real life. If it’s a family member….you may have to come to some kind of compromise or agreement to have ONE account with them on there and ONE that’s just for your friends or something. Obviously, things with family can be difficult, but we need to stop airing our dirty laundry, right? Family deleting and blocking family over every little argument is just childish. Really? Are we 2 year olds and going to withhold our friendship? Grow up! That’s all I’m saying!
8. If you could live in a fictional universe, where would you live? Why? It would be this big beautiful land where I would have a huge castle and life would be grand. πŸ™‚ I sound like a little girl now, don’t I? I would LOVE to live in a universe where people got along and there was always enough of everything to go around, people weren’t so greedy, and the weather felt whatever temperature each individual wanted it to….Hey, you asked for my dream universe…I know it sounds crazy, but a girl can dream!
9. You’re having a bad day, you’re upset, you’re angry, or you’re sad – what is your go-to comfort? Music or a book, definitely….or a big bear hug from the hubby!
10. What is your favorite inspirational quote? Asking me my favorite inspirational quote is like asking my favorite song…I have more than one and it’s forever changing…..One I have always loved is the infamous, “Dance like there’s no one watching, Sing like there’s no one listening, and Live like you’re the only one on Earth.”….I think I mixed up the words, but hopefully you know what I mean.
11. If they were to make a movie based on your life, who would play you, your leading lady/man, your best friend, and your rival? I would play me and my leading man would be Johnny Depp! Sorry, hubby! πŸ™‚ Some pretty, smart, funny actress would play my best friend and my rival….I didn’t know I had one!….LOL….Maybe Glenn Close, she’s getting older now, but for some reason I thought of her playing Cruella De Ville!
12. Do you think the world is going to end in 2012? Nope, I don’t even have a dot of belief in that theory!
13. If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be? My weight…I’m a bigger girl and I would love to be smaller for my health and so I could do more things I want and wear more cute clothes….My husband loves me the way I am so I don’t need to worry about that aspect. πŸ™‚
14. What is your favorite season and why? I used to say Fall…but in actuality, it should be more Winter because I LOVE when it gets colder in Texas. The part I live in rarely snows but it gets cold enough where it’s comfortable for me in just a jacket. I hate the HOT weather….
15. You’ve been bitten by a vampire. Would you fight it with all your undead being or would you embrace it for all it is worth? Well….if I’ve already been bitten, I guess I don’t really see the point in fighting it. Must be fate at this point!
16. Have you personally met any of your blogger friends?
Nope, not yet, maybe some day! πŸ™‚
17. What does your favorite pair of underwear look like?
Did a voyeur come up with this question? LOL….I will just say silky…cause they are comfy :p
18. Have you ever drank something right from the container in the refrigerator knowing other people will have to drink out of the same container later? No…only things I have drank straight out of were 16 and 24 oz. soda and water bottles that belonged to me and only me….I hate when people drink out of the milk and other bottles and put it right back!
19. What is your favorite word and explain why? My favorite word…is yet to be invented….someone should get to inventing it! πŸ™‚
20. 2011 is soon coming to a close, is there anything you’d like to do different on your blog in the year 2012? Well, I’m probably going to scale back from posting daily to a few times a week…I’ve accomplished almost a full year of posting daily which is crazy for me since I am a huge procrastinator, so I think in 2012, I would like to spend more time doing other things with my writing and other aspects of my life.Β
Here is a list of the others who are participating in this Meme…Please be sure to stop by and show them some love!Β

2011 Community Network Meme Participation List

Blue Jellybeans
Disjointed Rhymings
TheRealSharon’s Blog
How Can I Complain?
Morning Erection

Advertisements

Hi Sharon, I hope you’ll adopt “blorpul” and change your answer to #19. Then I could start getting royalties πŸ™‚

I enjoyed reading your answers and especially got a huge kick out of your blog’s design! It’s so retro – reminds me of the old monitors at the college computer center.
For the record, you’re the only person so far who likes Winter. Can’t blame you, though.

See you around on the other blogs!

Cheers,

Mitch

I still have to go read yours and the other’s answers….kind of interested to learn what “blorpul” is about! Glad you like my blog design and I am proud to be unique and love Winter….Living in a climate where it might just end up being in the 80’s on Christmas some years…I think people would understand the love for OUR Winter πŸ™‚

How do I sign up ?

It showed that you already DID sign up….If you follow Morning Erection, he sent the questions by e-mail and did posts with the list of others participating and when to post this…

wordsfallfrommyeyes says:

Aaargh! I’m only supposed to view blogs I haven’t seen before so pretend I’m not here.

Liked your answers though!

Cherlyn says:

You can go to as many blogs participating as you want πŸ™‚

LOL…Thanks…I’m probably going to look at everyone’s anyways since there’s not a HUGE number participating! πŸ™‚

I’m an overachiever tonight πŸ˜€ . . . Yours is my 9th blog, so I think I can be forgiven for reading one that I’ve read before πŸ™‚

I’m still totally impressed that you’ve been able to keep up with a post a day for almost an entire year. You’re awesome!

Johnny Depp as a leading man is way awesome choice! And funny thing, I think you’re the third person to say Glen Close πŸ˜› She does play a really good villain πŸ™‚

The “Dance like no one’s watching” quote is another of my favorites!

“I hate people that are always griping about blocking or deleting people for things they post.” I’m totally with you on this!

Alright, one more to go (a lot of people are either late or didn’t do the meme at all)! And then hopefully by next weekend I can get better caught up on everyone else’s blogs πŸ™‚

Wow…I have only checked yours out but it was on my phone…..I still have to go look at all of them!

I’m impressed I kept up my blogging daily as well…not sure how I did it…LOL…Thanks!

Johnny Depp is good looking…of course I would pick him! I am shocked I wasn’t the only one to say Glen Close…WOW! How ironic…I figured that would be a unique choice!…I guess Great Minds Think Alike, huh?

Tom Baker says:

How come when I read the answer to question 2, it sounded in my head like a sad child? You would be great doing a post on another blog! Nervousness I understand but self doubt – cast it away!

Great answers Sharon! I for one would like for you to invent that favorite word. It is funny but after I read your favorite quote I had a strong urge to grab my boom box and take a long hot shower with 80’s dance music while doing the soapy dance!

I don’t know why so many people are late posting their answers. Perhaps they didn’t see the time zone map. Who knows but I’m hoping everyone does eventually post their answers. This has been fun and I thank you for taking part in this. Oh, and if you lose weight, do it for health reasons and not aesthetics.

Oh, again, in regards to your answer to question 2 –> would you like to do a guest post for me?

I will try to cast it away….”Go away, self doubt!”

You’re the second person to get a retro vibe from my blog…weird…I guess my love for growing up in the 80’s speaks through my blog somehow! πŸ™‚ I would recommend NOT putting the boom box near the water though….Shocking results may occur!

I still have to go check out all the answers…I’m a little late, but at least I got the questions in on time! YAY!

As far as the guest post…my reaction to that question was, “Wow…he wants me to do a guest post?! Totally cool!” Then I was nervous….I don’t know what to write about! AH! I feel like the kid in Home Alone now….So my answer is of course, YES…but I have to admit I am freaking out too! πŸ™‚

Tom Baker says:

Great news! I just sent you an invitation to my beta site where you can compose your guest post! It might go to your spam folder so look out for it!

OK! When would you want the post? If it’s not too much to ask, could it be for after the holidays? LOL
πŸ™‚ I just have a ton on my plate until after the New Year.

Melinda says:

Wow you’ve posted daily for a year. I’m so impressed! I tend to go 2 weeks between posts at times although I really try for once a week. I said Glen Close, too. One of my favorite movies is Fatal Attraction so I can’t help but see her as the bag girl. Nice to meet you!

Nice to meet you too! I guess Great Minds Think Alike…I truly didn’t think anyone else would say Glen Close..WOW!

Before the post a day, I would get into these phases where I would blog a lot for a week or two and then nothing for months…so I am surprised I have been so good with sticking to it myself…but I am glad I have because it has been so good for me! πŸ™‚ Looking forward to going and reading your answers now! πŸ™‚

Cherlyn says:

That facebook thing is soooo annoying, I know exactly what you mean! Sometimes people just let the online stuff matter too much. People can be silly eh?

Your answers are great, I especially love the quote, definitely one to live by! πŸ™‚

Thank you so much for participating! Loved your answers!

Yes, People can be silly and childish sometimes.
Thanks for reading my answers, glad you liked them! I still have to go and read everyone’s answers now! πŸ™‚

judithhb says:

Well that’s some list of questions.
My favourite quote is “if you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance” so it goes along well with yours.
My favourite word – I heard a woman with a very English accent (plummy) on the radio the other day using the word “feckless”. My new favourite to use in a post soon.
A theme song for my blog – hard to choose just one so – No Regrets; Yesterday When I Was Young or even perhaps, My Way. I have posted on all of these in the past.
Thanks for sharing all your answers with us.

That’s a good quote from a great song there! πŸ™‚
Feckless…sounds a little like reckless…never heard it…I must go look up the definition now!
Thanks for reading my answers! I am so behind in reading others blogs, including yours, and I am SO sorry….the holidays are just such a busy time….It may take after the New Year for me to have time to get caught up completely but I fully intend to! Thanks for still sticking with me! πŸ™‚

Paula says:

I want to come and live in your fictional universe! It sounds awesome! And I love the idea that the weather is suited to individual taste. It would always be spring for me – minus the allergies. πŸ™‚ I feel the same way you do about guest posting. There are lots of bloggers I would love to invite to guest post, but I would be to nervous to do a guest post. What is it wasn’t any good? But it’s a blogging goal of mine for next year, so I’m going to have to get over my fear. πŸ™‚

I really enjoyed reading your answers Sharon! πŸ™‚

If we can make my fictional universe actually exist, I would love to invite all my fellow bloggers to join me there! πŸ™‚
Allergies suck…I tend to get them more around Fall and Winter…even though those are my favorite times…I just deal, though, because colder weather is so much more my thing than 100 degree plus days of Texas Summer! AH!
I was just asked if I wanted to do a guest post from the creator of this meme…and I would love to…but the thought scares me…guess I am going to have to get over my fear as well!

Tom Baker says:

Sharon, would you believe September is the earliest I have available? You can compose the post anytime you want. It gives you plenty of time to mull over a subject, pick your images and be happy with it. Thanks again for agreeing to this! Now I just have to worry about October thru December 2012. I guess Paula shouldn’t have mentioned her 2012 goal! <— Mad scientist laugh inserted there!

Oh wow! Awesome…I have plenty of time then! September is my birthday month πŸ™‚

Tom Baker says:

Just check out my guest page and make sure you can agree to all the terms! Did the email come yet?

I’ll have to go check in a minute…I’ve been trying to read some of the people who participated in the meme yesterday!

I got it and accepted the invitation! πŸ™‚

Great post, I enjoyed reading your answers! And haha don’t worry about the guest posting at all, so far people are taking it in all sorts of directions in content and length so there really is no standard. Some write of moderate shyness while others write of severe, crippling social anxiety and other obstacles they faced. I’d like to hear about your bullying story in particular and how you can relate that with shyness, self-doubt, and weight. You still have a while to mull it over, I have 3 more scheduled that I have to put up first. πŸ™‚

That’s good! I’m planning to work on it this week! πŸ™‚

Addie says:

Two blogger friends have already asked me to do a guest post and like you it makes me a bundle of nerves.

I’m also with you on the Facebook issue. I always think posting such things is a coward’s way out. But then again, it’s their wall.

It was fun reading your answers. πŸ˜€

I’m glad I’m not the only one nervous to do a guest post! πŸ™‚ Thanks for stopping by to read them! πŸ™‚

Might I suggest blashup for your word? My dad invented it one day during a debate with my little sister about noises and words. He even gave it the definition ‘to overtake someone at high speed in a car on the motorway’. Sadly I’m the only one who ever uses it!

That sounds like a fun word! I will try using it some time, Thanks for the suggestion! πŸ™‚
Oh and also thanks for taking the time to read my answers!

It is awesome that you were able to post almost every day for an entire year! What an accomplishment!

Also, your fantansy land sounds an awful lot like Lisa Land…do you live there too? πŸ˜‰

Nice to meet you!

Now I just got to last through the holidays…which I am finding it hard to do because there is so much other things to do!
Lisa Land also sounds nice and I’m glad you stopped by! πŸ™‚

eof737 says:

Good for you… busy with the community meme. Now I know why we no longer hear from you. πŸ˜‰