Ever wanted to know if the way you talk is more Northern, Southern or just a standard United States speak? Well, I invite you to take this fun quiz and find out! The Yankee or Dixie Quiz! My result was 57% Dixie OR Barely in Dixie….I have lived in Texas all my life by the way, but most of my responses were common for all of U.S. or Northern more than Southern…which I believe goes to show you, that it’s not always where you were born that determines how you speak.
I was actually so intrigued by the results that I went ahead and took the Advanced version. You can find the link at the bottom of the first Quiz if you choose to do so too! This one put me at 30% Dixie….my Southern friends and family are probably feeling betrayed about now…I’m sorry! 😦
Here are some funny texts I found on a very funny site called When Parents Text. 🙂
- DAD: What’s the cupid shuffle?
- ME: A line dance, kind of like the cha cha slide.
- DAD: Never heard of it but they’re doing it.
- ME: You joining in?
- DAD: No not me. I’m not a line dancer. I’m always out of line.
- MOM: I also want a cat that will attack dad when he falls asleep and starts snoring in the living room.
- ME: Or maybe just an airhorn.
- MOM: I DO have one of those. A cat would be funnier because he could not get mad at me then.
- ME: Maybe a cat that can blow an airhorn?
- MOM: We may be onto something.
- MOM: A cat that drives a mini semi truck with an airhorn.
- MOM: Looks like I need to find a remote control semi and an unsuspecting cat.
- DAD: What are you doing?
- ME: I’m at Grandma’s house. What do you need?
- DAD: I want cookies. Chocolate chip. Get them for me. I will pay.
- ME: Ask mom.
- DAD: I did. She won’t. Says no. Get cookies please.
- ME: I will on my way home.
- (10 minutes later)
- DAD: Nevermind. Mom found texts. NO COOKIES! ABORT MISSION!
- MOM: Do you want waffles or muffins for breakfast? Just text “A1” for waffles or “B1” for muffins.
- ME: Why did you go through all that trouble? Why can’t I just text “waffles” or “muffins”?
- MOM: We are texting in code! ;););) 🙂
- ME: Waffles
- MOM: A1 or B1?
- ME: WAFFLES
- MOM: Sooo…A1?
- ME: Mom. Yes.
- MOM: I think I would rather have muffins. I’m making muffins
- ME: Lady Gaga arrived in an egg.
- MOM: Don’t we all?
We’ll Get You a Milk and an Epi Pen and Let’s See What Unfolds
Five-year-old in cafeteria during kindergarten lunchtime: Mr. Greg, my mom didn’t put juice in my lunch. Can I get a drink from the cafeteria?
Mr. Greg: Sure, I’ll get you something. You want milk?
Mr. Greg: Regular white milk or chocolate?
Mr. Greg: Okay. You’re not allergic to chocolate, are you?
Mr. Greg: You are? Oh, then I’ll get you white milk. Are you allergic to white milk?
Mr. Greg: Oh, then I’d better see if they have juice.
(Mr. Greg goes into the kitchen and comes back with orange juice)
Mr. Greg: Here’s some orange juice. You’re not allergic to orange juice, are you?
Mr. Greg: Do you know what “allergic” means?
Los Angeles, California