First of all, a very Happy Birthday to my niece Lydia! Wish I could be up in Indiana today to share the day with you!
September is my favorite month and not just because my birthday comes later this month! With September comes the end of Summer, which for me, is a blessing because summer in Texas is HOT! Even more so THIS summer. Here’s to a cooler September(please!) and the hopes of more very much needed rain this month, but not any massive hurricanes!
As always, you may answer these questions in your own blog or in the comments.
On to the questions!
1. Shoes in the house – yay or nay? I can see the argument for removing shoes if they are muddy or really yucky at the moment, but otherwise, nah. We have a doormat right outside our door to wipe your feet on so I don’t see any reason to remove shoes. Unless I am laying down or sitting, I usually always have some shoes on. I find it painful to walk barefoot very much because I am flat footed.
2. What do you call them- flip flops, slippers, thongs, etc? I call them flip flops even though I realize the correct term for the ones I wear(that go through your toes) ARE thongs. I just find it strange to call my shoes thongs when there are panties called thongs. I get enough weird looks my way without having people look at me like, “TMI!” when I say, I am wearing my thongs today!
3. What song are you almost embarrassed to admit you know all the lyrics to? Oh my…you want me to admit this and then be hiding?! Ok ok…I was a total Pop girl growing up as a teen…I was a fan of all the boy bands, girl groups, pop singers, etc. So there’s definitely more than one song I am guilty of here…Britney Spears, Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, we could continue…I know a LOT of the lyrics to pretty much ALL their songs…..and I still like most of them…don’t hate!
I will say that I do NOT know all the lyrics to any of Justin Bieber songs and I am proud of that fact!
4. What is the best quality to have in a friend? Well, first of all, Honesty is the best quality to have in anyone you associate yourself with…besides Honesty, I would say someone who has the gift of seeing beyond the superficial and into the heart of a person
5. Do you know what you want for Christmas? What I would really love for Christmas is to have ALL my nieces and nephews in Texas with me…That would be my ultimate dream.
“He couldn’t see why people made such a fuss about people eating their silly old fruit anyway, but life would be a lot less fun if they didn’t. And there was never an apple, in Adam’s opinion, that wasn’t worth the trouble you got into for eating it.” ~from Good Omens