We’re now into August and this heat wave isn’t going anywhere…at least here in Texas! Today is my middle sister’s birthday, I won’t say her age but I was born when she was 16. 😉 She doesn’t have a Facebook so she won’t see this post probably but Happy Birthday Sherri, anyways!
Question #4 this week was asking about How you feel about your kids going back to school soon. Since I don’t have kids, I switched this question with a completely random question I found. For those who choose to answer the questions in their own blogs or my comments, you can choose to answer THAT question instead or use my switched question as a bonus, 6th question for this week.
On to the questions!
1. Do you have siblings and are you close with them? Does this mean I have to claim my crazy siblings? Yes, I have 3 of them, 2 older sisters and 1 older brother. My brother is 10 years older than me, and my sisters are 16 and 20 years older than me, so my relationship with them is different from siblings who are close in age. We talk to each other and get along but I’m closer to my sister’s kids than I am to them and with my nieces, WE are more like sisters because we are so close in age compared to my real sisters.
2. Would you rather be slightly UNDER weight or slightly OVER weight? You would think I would pick UNDER weight because I’ve never been skinny or under weight my whole life, but no…I have no problem with being a little chubby or what I prefer to call “full figured”. I think curves are beautiful. If you’re just slightly OVER weight, it wouldn’t take losing much to be a healthy weight either.
3. What’s your favorite State Fair food to splurge on? Are snow cones food? I don’t know….My mom loves Funnel Cakes but I’m not a big sweet eater MOST of the time. Normally when I go to the fair, I’m just thirsty for some lemonade or wanting a snow cone.
4. Do you believe in Karma? Yes, I definitely believe in it
5. Pool or Ocean? Um…Are you aware this week is SHARK WEEK on Discovery Channel?! I’m thinking the pool! But…in all seriousness, I can’t swim and I hate going completely underwater so I like the fact I can feel safer in a swimming pool without the worries of not only jellyfish, crabs, or sharks but also waves and under currents, tidal waves, etc. You can see to the bottom of the pool and it’s more reassuring for me than the mystery of the ocean. AND as I told my husband the other day as I was watching a shark show on Discovery, “I’ve never really been bothered by sharks….I can’t swim so I don’t plan on going for a swim in the ocean so I don’t expect to run into them anytime soon.” BUT just in case anything changes, I watched the Shark Survival Guide on National Geographic World today so I now have some tips! 🙂
For those interested, if you’re ever attacked by a shark, you should punch or claw at their gills or eyes to get them to let go. Just in case you Ocean Lovers needed that advice! Surprisingly, I have learned that shark attacks are less common than people think and humans kill way more of them than they kill of us. In a way, this kind of makes me sad that we kill so many sharks. It’s not good to eat them because of the mercury content that sharks end up digesting nowadays so why the unnecessary killing? They are just going about their ocean, doing what they do and WE are the ones barging in on their territory. What do YOU think?
I know that’s sort of like an extra question but since it’s Shark Week, I’m interested to hear thoughts and opinions on this!
“He couldn’t see why people made such a fuss about people eating their silly old fruit anyway, but life would be a lot less fun if they didn’t. And there was never an apple, in Adam’s opinion, that wasn’t worth the trouble you got into for eating it.” ~from Good Omens