Time for another Five Question Friday, once again brought to you by Five Crooked Halos!
As always, feel free to answer the questions in the comments or on your own blog. Have a safe and happy weekend!
- How close to your childhood dreams is your life now? I wanted to be a lot of things as a child. I went through phases, such as wanting to be a ballerina, that were rather unrealistic for me. I have never had the body for THAT. My realistic goals that have stuck with me were wanting to be a singer and a mother. The singing dream is just as far away as it was when I was a kid, but that’s OK…I’ve pretty much become resigned that THAT dream may not ever become a reality. I have a lot of hope for the mother dream though…Since I am happily married, I consider myself as close as I can get to the mother goal without being pregnant yet…so maybe within the next 2-3 years? 🙂
- What is one must have item for the summer? A working air conditioner in the home! I’m not a big outdoors person anyways but when it comes to summer in Texas and temperatures getting up to 100 or more, I try to stay indoors as much as possible unless I HAVE to be outside…I guess another must have I need to stock up on is Sunscreen for when I do have to be outside because I don’t want to get sunburned…not wanting to risk cancer either!
- Do you have your kids stay up on school stuff during summer vacation? (Or, if you don’t have kiddos, did your parents make you keep up on school stuff during summer?) My parents didn’t ever make me do school related stuff in the summer BUT I was a big reader so I read for fun ALL the time and I loved playing “school” as a kid. I had English workbooks that were not filled out that I would sometimes do just for fun…I also did a lot of those workbooks by grade that you could buy at the stores and puzzle books so my mind was working still in summer….There are a lot of activities kids can do where they are learning and growing that are fun and don’t feel like SCHOOL work
- Do you can or freeze fresh produce? Neither and not sure how to do either
- Do you get ready for the day first thing in the morning? Nope! My brain takes awhile to start functioning in the morning