TheRealSharon's Blog

{May 29, 2011}   The only thing to fear is….

Fear itself.

I don’t know anyone that ONLY fears that, though. The world is full of people with many fears and some that claim to not have any fears at all but are quickly proven liars, because we all fear something….

One of my subscribed blogs is from a girl who does a Challenge a Day and she recently asked about 5 things that you’re afraid of and posted her own list today. I’m going to follow her lead and say what 5 of my greatest fears are.

1. My biggest fear is dying alone. By that, I don’t mean dying without anyone who loves me, because I have tons of friends and family that do indeed love me. I mean, being in a situation ALONE and dying without anyone by my side. I’ve never had a fear of flying but the 2 times in my life I flew ALONE, I was incredibly nervous…..if something had happened to the plane, I was totally alone without anyone I loved with me…..not that I would want someone I love to die WITH me….but if I had to be in a situation like on a crashing plane….I would at least like for someone I love to be the last person I see and be beside me, you know?
  2. I fear losing people I love…I’m sure this is a fear I share with many people. I know this is a fear that I will inevitably face one day and I hate that…I hate the idea that someone I love is going to die and I will have to say goodbye to them. BUT I thank God that I will be able to see them again one day. Knowing that the goodbye is not forever makes the fear a little better.
  3. Roaches…need I say more? They are gross and disgusting…especially the really big ones. I will literally freak out and start crying if I see one! EWW!
  4. I fear falling and breaking bones…primarily in my legs or feet. This has been a fear since I fell back in 2003 and broke my fibula. Stairs are the main scare here….since that’s what I fell down.
  5. I fear my weight will keep me from having kids. It’s been my dream for many years to be a mother and I know weight can be an issue to having kids. It inspires me to see people prove that it can still be done but I have to be honest and say this is a fear for me.

So I told you my biggest fears. What are some of your fears?

Advertisements

Jackie Paulson Author says:

My biggest fear is having a Tornado sweep me away into heaven early.

That WOULD be scary….We’ve had tornados close to where we live but I’ve never actually heard or seen one before me. I think if I ever was to see or hear one…I would definitely be scared!

Overcoming Illness With Joy says:

I couldn’t agree more. This last week has changed my life.

I can only imagine…you’re so close to where all the tornadoes hit. Every time I see the footage on TV, my heart aches for all the people affected. Truly heartbreaking and the people of Joplin as well as their loved ones from all over are in my thoughts and prayers.

Because I had kids, I didn’t fear death as much. Now that I have two little ones who count on me, it’s very different. I fear about their health and safety too.I have to admit these are two kinds of fear I really hate about motherhood.

Sorry, I meant before I had kids…

I figured that’s what you meant….I guess whenever I have kids, that will be an added fear on my list but I guess it will be worth it, huh? 🙂

eof737 says:

You are right… everybody fears something and dying is up there on all of our lists; mainly because we want to see r kids grow up and more. I wish you prayers for abundant babies. 🙂
Have a Blessed Memorial Day!
Eliz

You too! and thanks so much for the prayers! 🙂

The Hook says:

My fear? Running out of post topics!

That’s no joke there! I have felt like I HAD run out at some point and then miraculously found more!….That’s a scary thought, though!

Dayle says:

Thank you for being brave enough to share your fears. I know I have a child already, but I do want another some day and I worry about the weight thing too.

I have many fears . . . There are two that stand out from the rest, one – losing my daughter . . . I can’t even think about it. When I was on Chantix, I had the most horrific nightmares that I still can’t get out of my head. Two – dying before my daughter is grown. My mom was only 2 years older than I am now when she died. The thought is terrifying. I started keeping a journal of letters to my daughter since before she was born just in case.

I think those are common fears of all mothers…losing their child or their child losing them while still so young. 😦
I pray your daughter will be blessed with you for many, many years to come and she will live a long, happy life. The journal of letters is such a sweet idea for her….I’m sure she will love to read those someday….and I hope for your sake that she can read them with you still there for her to talk about it with!

Dayle says:

It’s funny, I have a box of memories to give her when she’s grown. I have it all planned out . . . to give her the box (well, probably boxes by then) and the journal(s) when she goes away to college (or whatever she happens to do after school). 🙂

Awww, I know she will love it! Such an awesome idea!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

et cetera
Everything Mommyhood

Mom Life, Reviews, Giveaways, Recipes, DIY, and more

Worldwide EndoMarch

Forward we go to end the silence for Endometriosis!

Worth the trouble

“He couldn’t see why people made such a fuss about people eating their silly old fruit anyway, but life would be a lot less fun if they didn’t. And there was never an apple, in Adam’s opinion, that wasn’t worth the trouble you got into for eating it.” ~from Good Omens

Problems With Infinity

Confessions of a Delusional Maniac

karenwriteshere

Hope isn't an emotion, but a daily choice. Keep choosing the path of hope.

Thought Catalog

Thought Catalog is a digital youth culture magazine dedicated to your stories and ideas.

The Ideal Me by 24

Smile! You’re at the best WordPress.com site ever

Women Who Think Too Much by Jeanne Marie

My book, Women Who Think Too Much, is available at smashwords.com

Becoming Cliche

My Journey to Becoming My Mother

My Trousers Rolled

"I grow old...I grow old...I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled..." -- T.S. Eliot, The Lovesong of J. Alfred Prufrock

randomdescent

"writing is an adventure"

More Cabaret

Class, Sass, and a Lot of Ass

Book Lovers Buffet

Load Up - You Won't Gain a Pound!

re-Education

Ideas about English, Drama and ICT in the classroom, as well as some broader musings

readful things blog

colourful language, colourful opinions

101 Books

Reading my way through Time Magazine's 100 Greatest Novels since 1923 (plus Ulysses)

Insatiable Booksluts

Voracious readers tell you if that book is going to suck.

Body Rebooted

On the road to optimal health!

%d bloggers like this: