As always, you may answer these questions in your own post or in the comments section!
This 5 Question Friday was brought to you by:
On to the questions!
1. What’s the one personal hygiene thing you will not do in front of your spouse? Well, the one time I did a face mask, I scared him half to death so I think he would prefer I NOT do that around him! I’m pretty comfortable around my husband so I don’t know if there’s anything I won’t do…I prefer to tweeze facial hairs(when I need to) when I’m by myself only cause if I get startled, it can hurt worse and I prefer to shave alone for the same, but I don’t care if he happens to be around me when I do
2. What’s your favorite thing about a newborn? Newborn baby smell, the sound of their giggles and their little toes and fingers…how incredibly cute and adorable they are. Can you tell I’m ready to have kids? LOL
3. When is “too young” to have a Facebook account? Unfortunately, there is a lot of inappropriate things shown on FB that even I find distasteful so the age limit they have of 13(which is NOT enforced) is too young in my opinion….If they did a FB for kids, I feel like there might be perverts lurking and pretending to be kids, though so it’s a tough thing. I think parents nowadays have to be very vigilant and aware of what their kids are doing and I almost think the parents should be the ones to decide.(Not that every parent makes the best decisions) I don’t have kids yet but I think I would consider it once they get to high school. I would have to be able to monitor their involvement to some extent, though.
4. What are your hoping for for Mother’s Day? Not a mom yet….it would be nice to get the news that I was going to be a Mom on Mother’s Day…but that’s impossible at this point…..maybe next year, eh? I hope my Niece has her baby girl by Mother’s Day though
5. What was the best field trip you ever took in school? Definitely the 10th grade Choir Trip to DisneyWorld! We had to pay our own way, which meant saving money, but it was worth it!
Day 10-Favorite Classic Book
There’s a lot of classics that I have not read…I’m ashamed to admit it, but it’s true. I was going to say “The Hobbit” by J.R.R. Tolkien until I realized “Rebecca” by Daphne Du Maurier was a classic. I don’t know what it is about the book, “Rebecca” but it’s absolutely one of my favorite books of all time and I JUST read it last year. I actually have a few more of her books…Daphne is a she, right? lol….and I really hope they are just as good. If so, the Daphne Du Maurier will be one of my favorite authors as well!
I want to add that I didn’t pick any of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy because while I admit that J.R.R. Tolkien is an amazing writer, the LOTR trilogy is full of descriptive writing to the extreme. Some people LOVE descriptive writing where the characters and scenery are endlessly described down to the very last detail and some people are like me. I like just enough description as needed to tell the story and then my imagination takes over. In the case of describing things, I like the “less is more” theory. I love reading dialogues and I love reading into the story lines and the plots and I prefer my descriptions short, simple and to the point. That’s just my taste but I respect others as well. The world would be a sad place if we all liked the same things!